Make no mistake: Our top priority today, tomorrow and every day for the next four years, is jobs.
Working Washington Agenda
Putting Washington to Work, Rebuilding our Economy
Governor Inslee's top priority is to create and sustain a thriving economic climate that spurs job growth in every industry sector and every corner of Washington state. Our schools and businesses must work together to prepare students and workers for today's jobs and the jobs of the future. The comprehensive jobs plan builds on Washington's long tradition of innovation and harnesses our unique abilities to lead in the global economy.
- Governor Inslee's Working Washington Agenda: Key Successes. We made some significant strides forward during this year's legislative session.
- Educating a 21st century workforce. Expanding and enhancing STEM education. Preventing and reengaging high school dropouts. Increasing workplace-based training opportunities for students.
- Improving the business climate and expanding our workforce. Promoting job growth and encouraging innovation through targeted tax relief. Modernizing state regulatory systems.
- Advancing Washington's aerospace leadership. New investments in aerospace education and training programs across the state. Helping Washington compete for new aerospace business.
- Clean energy, climate action and plentiful water. Tapping state capital funds to develop clean energy solutions. Supporting more biofuel production. Making transportation and other investments good for climate.
- Health care reform: healthy people, healthy economy. Fully embracing federal health care reform. Improving people's health, saving taxpayer dollars and creating thousands of jobs.