Climate Legislative and Executive Workgroup (CLEW)
About the workgroup
The Climate Legislative and Executive Workgroup was created under Engrossed Second Substitute Senate Bill 5802 (E2SSB 5802) during the 2013 Regular Session. The Workgroup is charged with recommending a state program of actions and policies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, that if implemented would ensure achievement of the state’s emissions reductions limits set in Chapter 70.235 by the 2008 legislature.
Engrossed Second Substitute Senate Bill 5802 requires preparation by a consultant(s) of a credible evaluation of approaches to reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The evaluation will inform the work of the Climate Legislative and Executive Workgroup.
- Governor Jay Inslee
- Senator Doug Ericksen (R, 42nd District) - Alternate Senator Sharon Brown (R, 8th District)
- Senator Kevin Ranker (D, 40th District) - Alternate Senator Annette Cleveland (D, 49th District)
- Representative Joe Fitzgibbon (D, 34th District) - Alternates Representative Jake Fey (D, 27th District) and Representative Jessyn Farrell (D, 46th District)
- Representative Shelly Short (R, 7th district) - Alternate Representative Liz Pike (R, 18th District)
Evaluation Reports - produced by Leidos
- Executive Summary
- Task 1 Part 1 (energy and expenditures) and Part 2 (Existing State Policies) reports
- Task 2 report (Other Jurisdictions' Approaches) and Appendix A
- Task 3 ( Federal Policies) report
- Task 4 Final report
Questions, comments or suggestions
If you have comments or suggestions related to this workgroup, please email the Climate Legislative and Executive Workgroup.
For more information, contact Hedia Adelsman at (360) 407-6222 or email@example.com.