You cannot overstate the importance of the aerospace industry to the economy of the State of Washington.
- Check out Washington Aerospace Partnership's social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Joint Center for Aerospace Technology Innovation
- Washington Aerospace & Advance Manufacturing Workforce Pipeline Advisory Committee
Office of Aerospace
Washington's aerospace industry fuels jobs for thousands of families and travel for billions of passengers each year. In addition to the world headquarters for Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Washington is home to 1,250+ aerospace-related companies that design and manufacture products ranging from tires to bolts to in-flight entertainment systems. Our public research institutions and private firms are also leading the world in the advancement of new aerospace technologies, as well, including advanced materials, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), aviation biofuels and space exploration.
Gov. Inslee's top priority is to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship in a competitive global economy through investments in workforce training, education at the elementary through graduate levels, infrastructure and continued support of key industries such as aerospace. Specific initiatives supporting these efforts are outlined in the aerospace element of the Governor's Working Washington Agenda.
The Office of Aerospace and its director, Alex Pietsch, are charged with implementing these initiatives and coordinating the “support chain” that has been established to grow our aerospace industry. It develops, maintains and coordinates the execution of the Washington State Aerospace Strategy with the help of the following entities:
- Washington Aerospace & Advanced Materials Manufacturing Workforce Pipeline Committee: ensures that workforce training programs around the state met the needs of the industry.
- Joint Center for Aerospace Technology Innovation: a partnership between the University of Washington and Washington State University that facilitates the development of new technologies to keep Washington at the forefront of aerospace innovation.
- Washington Aerospace Partnership: a consortium of business, labor and governments working together to assist in the execution of our strategy and advocate on behalf of the industry.
The Office of Aerospace is a public/private partnership funded in part by the Washington Aerospace Partnership.
- Aerospace taxpayer savings fact sheet (Nov. 2013)
- The Washington Aerospace Industry Strategy (PDF) (May 2013)
- Winning the Boeing 777X for Washington State: Securing Aerospace Jobs and Opportunities (PDF) (May 2013)
- Aerospace: Strengthening Washington's Global Leadership (PDF) (Jan. 2013)
- Executive Order 12-05: Assigning Responsibilities Related to the Support of the Washington Aerospace Industry and Disbanding the Washington Council on Aerospace (PDF) (Sept. 2012)