Request a ceremonial proclamation, greeting or letter
Gov. Inslee provides recognition for special events and occasions held in Washington state. Due to the volume of requests the Governor's Office receives, requests must adhere to the guidelines below. If you have questions, call the Governor's Office at 360-902-4111.
- Requests must be received at least 30 days before the date you need the item by or the print date.
- Ceremonial proclamation and greeting requests are not annually renewed. Requests must be made each year.
- Requests must come from Washington residents. This includes requests from national, international and out-of-state organizations.
- Draft language and background information must be provided for ceremonial proclamation and greeting requests.
- The Governor's Office reserves the right to approve or decline any request and to edit any drafted material for final wording.
- The issuance of a ceremonial proclamation, greeting or letter does not indicate or imply a policy endorsement from Gov. Inslee or the Governor's Office.
Complete this online form to request a ceremonial proclamation
The goal of a ceremonial proclamation is to honor, celebrate, or create awareness of an issue (not an individual or organization) of statewide significance (see example). Ceremonial proclamations generally recognize a day, week or month. Requests must adhere to the additional guidelines below:
- Ceremonial proclamations intended to recognize individuals, organizations or businesses will not be accepted and no proclamation can be used in whole or as part of an advertisement or commercial promotion.
- Draft language must be in the ceremonial proclamation format, including the WHEREAS sentence structure (see example).
- Ceremonial proclamations must fit on a single page and be in 12 point font, with room remaining for the signature of the Governor and the State Seal of Washington.
Complete this online form to request a greeting
Event greetings can help organizations celebrate special events held in Washington. These typically include business and professional conferences, cultural festivals, non-profit fundraising benefits, and other significant events. Requests must adhere to the additional guidelines below:
- Event greetings are issued only for Washington state agencies and organizations, or national and international organizations holding conferences and other significant events in Washington.
- Event greetings cannot be issued for personal events such as family reunions.
Request a ceremonial letter
Ceremonial letters from the Governor are available for birthdays (turning 100 or over), key milestone anniversaries (50 years, 75 years) and Eagle Scouts.