Make a public records request
We prefer requests be made in writing, email or fax so both parties have a record of the contact.
Information to include in a public records request
A request should contain the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number or email address of the person requesting the record.
- Date on which the request is being made.
- Description of the record(s) requested.
A form (PDF) is available, but not required, for requesting public records. You may submit the completed form by email, fax or mail using the contact information above.
How to request records
To obtain public records from the Governor's Office, please fill out the request form (PDF) or submit your public records request by letter, fax, or email and send to:
Public Disclosure Officer
Office of the Governor
P.O. Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504-0002
Fax (360) 753-4110
Responding to a public records request
Within five business days of receiving the request, as required by law, the Governor's Office will respond in one of the following ways:
- Make the requested record(s) available.
- Make a portion of the records available in installments as they are assembled.
- Ask for clarification if the request is unclear.
- Acknowledge the request and provide a reasonable estimate of time needed to respond.
- Deny the request.